Welcome back! The 2013-2014 starts with a Bang of a proposal from the district. Here are some bullets of interest:
- 3 year agreement (Article 1)
- Reopening on Health and Welfare every year. ( Article 1)
- 0% increase in salary for three years.( Article 37)
- Eliminate adult school stipends. (Article 4)
- Eliminate Palomar’s 10 period day. (Article 5)
- Term limits for FAC.( Article 5)
- Increase staffing ratio to 31:1 permanently. (Article 7)
- Increase all class caps.( Article 7)
- Eliminate the limit in total student contacts.( Article 7)
- Administration would have control over preparation periods. (Article 35)
- Innovative schedules could only be proposed by the principal. (Article 35)
- Length of class periods may be decided by the principal.( Article 35)
- Principals would have almost complete control over staffing by eliminating all the point system.( Article 36)
- Eliminating the posting of jobs in all schools and having them only at the district. (Article 36)
- All votes change to 50%+1.
If you want to read it more carefully the full proposal will be posted on our website.
Our bargaining proposal covers the following topics:
- 1 year agreement.
- Increase adult school stipends.
- 225 student contacts for PE Teachers.
- SDC classes capped at 15.
- Classes should be leveled by number of students in all similar classes.
- Additional credential requirements mandated by law should be paid by the district.
- Nurses will be provided clerical help during high traffic times.
- District should pay 100% of Kaiser 10/10 and provide the same level of coverage for retirees.
- District will provide a safe and secure campus with proper locks on the doors.
- Proper procedures for proposing and voting on new schedules.
- Additional stipends to be added like JV Lacrosse coaches and Robotics coaches and assistant coaches.
- Wages proposal will be presented in a future session when we have updated budget information.