I am writing this message a little after 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 5th.
- On Tuesday evening, July 3rd, HR informed me that 50 teachers, in total, had been recalled.
- The recall is continuing today. Some calls may be made in the evening. At the end of the day, I am expecting another update.
- I have an updated credential/seniority list. We will attempt to send a copy of this list via our listserv. If you are a laid-off teacher and would like for me to send you a copy directly, please send me an e-mail: Alex_Anguiano@seacta.org. Please write “SEND ME THE UPDATE” in the subject line. Milena Aubry’s e-mail address is Milena.Aubry@sweetwaterschools.org . Please contact her if you see an error on the updated list. (Please note, I had listed her e-mail address incorrectly in my last message.)
- Some excessed teachers were placed before being notified that they were placed. If you have been excessed and have not received a notification letter or phone call about your placement, please contact the HR department at 619-582-6001 or write to Milena Aubry.
- Some unit members have reported inconsistencies in the recall process. If you do have a concern, it would be helpful if your expressed your concern in writing to Milena Aubry. Please “cc” me.
- Maria Castilleja, acting duty officer while Ed Brand is on vacation, informed me that at Tuesday’s superintendent cabinet meeting that the recall was on the agenda. She informed me that HR will be providing the names of recalled teachers to the Benefits Department and the Payroll Department daily. They are not expecting problems. If you do not receive a paycheck at the end of the month, please let Payroll and me know immediately.
Alex Anguiano, SEA President